Confidential Information Memorandum (CIM)
What is a CIM?
A Confidential Information Memorandum (CIM) is the document an investor receives after signing a Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA) in the process of buying a private company.
Five Standard Sections in the CIM
The five standard sections in the CIM include:
- Executive Summary - Highlights of the deal
- Industry Overview - Details of the market
- Company Overview - Details of products and operations (management and key employees)
- Growth Opportunities - Main opportunities the seller will use to entice the buyer
- Financial Summary With Projections - Past financial information and projections for the future
Get our free one-page summary for this topic
Receive our popular one-page summary that summarizes this topic into concise and digestible concepts for free!